Treat Your Pet to a Luxury Salon Experience with Pet Grooming
Pet grooming is a vital part of our full-service veterinary care, and rightly so! Grooming services such as bathing, haircuts, nail trims, ear cleanings, and more all play a crucial role in improving your pet’s health and well-being. At Pewaukee Veterinary Service, our professional grooming staff provide all these services and more to keep your dogs and cats clean and comfortable.
The Best Grooming Experience for Pewaukee Pets
Our professional groomers perform every service your cat or dog could need to feel their absolute best. Our pet grooming services include:
- Bath, blow out and brush
- Clipper and hand-scissoring techniques
- Custom cuts
- Nail trimming and shaping (aka paw-dicures)
- Special attention for ears, eyes, and glands
- Salon-quality hypoallergenic products available for pets with sensitive skin
- Custom bow or bandana for every client
Our groomers are busy bees!
Book your pet’s appointment soon to claim a time slot.
We also offer advanced scheduling so you can plan your pet’s next few visits!
What’s So Great About Regular Grooming?
Pet grooming may seem like a purely aesthetic service, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Regular grooming helps minimize skin irritation and allergies, as well as take care of serious conditions like matting, which is more than a “bad hair day.” Matting is a painful health condition that causes constant pulling of your pet’s hair and can actually decrease blood circulation, put your pet in severe discomfort, and even cause sores and infections. Grooming removes knots and dead hair, prevents matting, and allows for a much healthier and happier companion!
Requirements for Grooming
In order for your pet to enjoy our grooming services, we have a few requirements which help keep all our guests healthy:
- Current on all vaccinations (rabies for cats and dogs; DHPP, Bordetella for dogs; FVRCP for cats)
- Dogs: rabies, DHPP, Bordetella; canine influenza is recommended but not required
- Cats: rabies, FVRCP
- Current on parasite preventatives
- Negative fecal exam within the last 12 months
*If your pet is particularly anxious or fearful at their grooming appointment, we do offer the option of sedation grooming. This will involve a veterinarian administering a light sedative to your pet which will allow the groomers to perform all the services needed without your pet being aware and anxious. Please contact us at 262-347-0787 for more information about sedation.