In veterinary medicine, there are many different ways to arrive at the same goal- a healthy pet! We want to prevent disease before it starts, but we also must diagnose and treat disease should it occur.
At Pewaukee Veterinary Service, we use an integrative approach to internal medicine. We stay abreast of current trends in state-of-the-art western medical techniques as well as embrace the practices of eastern medicine. Both of these approaches, combined with our cutting edge rehabilitation modalities, promote and maintain your pet’s general health and wellness.
Incorporating scientifically based complimentary therapies into western mainstream medical practice offers us a wide choice of diagnostic and treatment therapies for your pet. Our highly sophisticated diagnostic tools empower our search for our patient’s problems. High resolution digital radiographs, ultrasound, laparoscopy, arthroscopy, fast and efficient lab testing, and an in house microbiology lab all facilitate an accurate diagnosis of your pet’s ailments.
Having a precise diagnosis makes choosing the right treatment options easier for us, and gives your pet a faster resolution of their problem. We can combine our knowledge and expertise of traditional and complimentary medicines, and provide the newest, most powerful medicines, advanced expertise in surgery and dentistry, acupuncture, laser therapy, herbal nutritional supplements, diet therapy, spinal manipulation, hydrotherapy, and exercise therapy to address all of your pets needs. At Pewaukee Veterinary Service, we treat the whole pet, evaluating every body system and integrating treatment holistically.
Because we embrace preventative and wellness care, here’s what to expect at your appointment:
- Our doctors will carefully observe and examine your pet, discussing lifestyle, nutrition, behavior, and any concerns or questions you have about your pet’s healthcare. As a pet owner, you know your pet best. We consider you an advocate for your pet, and a partner in their care.
- If you have a specific concern about your pet, this will be addressed and diagnostic recommendations discussed to arrive at an individualized treatment plan. Disease prevention, your pet’s breed, age, genetics, lifestyle, and disease tendencies are all taken into consideration.
- Diagnostic testing will be performed with your consent, which may include blood testing, radiographs, and ultrasound imaging.
- Ongoing education on your pet’s healthcare, condition, and treatments given are communicated through our doctors, technicians and medical coordinators.
- Follow-up appointments and ongoing treatments will be scheduled and any questions answered by our team.
What should I do before my appointment?
Before your appointment, it is important that your pet’s medical history information be reviewed by our veterinarians ahead of time so they have an understanding of your pet’s health condition.
If you are not an existing client at Pewaukee Veterinary Service, your pet’s medical records will need to be sent to our practice – this can be done by fax and email–or call us for more details at (262) 347-0787.