Professional Pet Grooming Salon – A 4-Paw Spa
- Pawdicures & Nail Trims
- Special Needs
- Talented Grooming Professionals
- Salon-Quality Products
- Hand-Scissoring Techniques
- Convenient Times
- Attention to Ears, Eyes & those Anals, Too!
Regular pet grooming year-round is just as essential to your pet’s health and well being as medical and nutritional needs are. Who wouldn’t like a day of personal one-on-one pampering at a “4-Paw Spa”? Our talented professional pet groomers offer the latest in professional pet grooming services—everything from a puppy “fluff & go” to standard and breed-specific haircuts…even pawdicures are on the spa menu! Show dog or couch-loving kitty, our 4-legged clients feel just like a star when they leave our grooming salon, looking and smelling wonderful complete with their own custom bow or bandana. We use only salon quality hypoallergenic products, the latest in grooming equipment and lots of tender lovin’ care.
Grooming services are by appointment Monday through Saturday, with both early and late morning convenient appointment times. We also offer pre-appointment scheduling options convenient for you, so you can book all your pet’s grooming appointments at once to stay on a regular grooming schedule.
Grooming rates are dependent on your pet’s breed, the condition of the coat and the specific maintenance required. Our grooming team will assess your pet’s individual grooming needs and discuss recommendations with you. A special request haircut or not sure what to do? Just ask.
Click on any of the topics below for information.
Unfortunately, once your pet's coat is matted, there isn't much that can be done to repair the matting situation. Brushing the mat(s) out by hand is not the answer and is extremely painful and stressful — for both pet and person. The affected areas can become more painful and infected from this callous attempt at removal. Routine recommendation for the safety and welfare of the pet is to remove the coat completely by shaving the coat off at skin level. The end result is a much happier pet whose affected skin areas can now heal – with a matted rug of a fur coat as a reminder.
The most effective way to prevent matting from happening to your pet is by regular pet grooming or brushing of their coat. This will routinely remove dead hair out of your pet's coat allowing for proper air circulation and stimulation of the healthy skin to help your pet stay healthier and happier.
Vaccination Requirements for Cats & Kittens
- Rabies: Current in the past 2 years for adults & within the past year for kittens
- FVRCP: Current in the last year
- Feline Leukemia: Current Negative Blood Test Result (FIV/FeLV)
Vaccination Requirements for Dogs & Puppies
- Rabies: Current in the past 2 years for adults & within the past year for puppies (at least 12 weeks of age — 6 months of age)
- DHLPP: Current in the last year
- Bordetella: Current in the last year (Exception: Puppies must be at least 12 weeks of age and completed their first two series of vaccinations, including the bordetella vaccine)
- Fecal Exam: Current negative fecal result within the last year (12 months) (Exception: Puppies must be at least 12 weeks of age and completed a fecal exam with a negative fecal result)
- All pets are required to be on a flea/tick preventative upon appointment check-in (i.e. Vectra, Parastar)
- If fleas and/or ticks are discovered during the grooming process, preventatives will be applied at additional owner's expense
If at any time while your pet is in our care it becomes evident that he/she is ill, our medical staff will notify you of the situation so that proper steps can be taken in your pet's best interest.
- Comply with our grooming Health and Vaccination Requirements
- Call our Client Services Team at (262) 347-0787 to make your grooming appointment
- Mail, fax or drop off your pet's proof of health and vaccination history with our Client Services staff before the day your pet is scheduled for their grooming appointment check-in
- You are all set!
Please Note: We do require documented proof of health and vaccination history from your pet's veterinarian/veterinary hospital prior to your reservation or appointment check-in.
So that we may provide all our clients & pet guests with the service and care they deserve, our staff cannot contact your pet's veterinarian/veterinary hospital to obtain this information for you.
Pewaukee Veterinary Service reserves the right to refuse admittance to any pet guest for any reason, at any time, who does not have proof of health history and vaccinations, displays behaviors or signs of a potentially contagious or untreated conditions, displays aggressive behaviors or who does not comply with our business' temperament and health policies. Upon admission or check-in of services your signature of our application agreements acknowledges your awareness and acceptance of our business policies.