A caring and fun home away from home experience, Pewaukee Veterinary Service offers full-service boarding accommodations for your pet. Luxury dog suites, lots of interaction and exercise with our pet care services team and supervision by our veterinarians ensures you’ll have peace of mind knowing your pet is well cared for and having fun while you’re away on business or leisure.
For your convenience we also offer complete veterinary services for any health care needs that may arise during your pet’s stay with us. Dog day care and grooming services can also be provided during your pet’s stay for an additional cost. Speak with our staff for more details on these services and scheduling them during your pet’s visit with us.
If you wish to have an update on how your pet is doing during its stay, we are happy to call you, leave a voicemail or send a text message to let you know how your pet is doing. Just ask our Guest Services Coordinator for details.
Click on any of the topics below for information.
Vaccination Requirements for Cats & Kittens
- Rabies: Current in the past 2 years for adults & within the past year for kittens
- FVRCP: Current in the last year
- Feline Leukemia: Current Negative Blood Test Result (FIV/FeLV). Exception: All kitten guests must be at least 10 weeks of age and have received their first two sets of our required vaccination standards.
Vaccination Requirements for Dogs & Puppies
- Rabies: Current in the past 2 years for adults & within the past year for puppies (at least 12 weeks of age — 6 months of age)
- DHLPP: Current in the last year
- Bordetella: Current in the last year. Exception: Puppies must be at least 16 weeks of age and completed their first two series of vaccinations, including bordetella vaccine.
- Fecal Exam: Current negative fecal result in the last year. Exception: Puppies must be at least 16 weeks of age and completed a fecal exam with negative fecal result.
- All dogs are required to be on an internal heartworm blood parasite preventative year round (i.e. Sentinel, Sentinel Spectrum, Interceptor)
- All dogs are required to be on a flea or tick preventative upon admittance. Sorry, we cannot accept any guests wearing flea or tick collars.
All guests must be in good health and must not be ill or have been exposed to any contagious or communicable condition within the last 30 days prior to check-in. For the health and safety of each of our guests, we do require all our clients to certify that their pet is in good health and free from illness upon reservation check-in. All pet parents must have a Dog Day Care and Pet Boarding Guest Profile form completed and on file with us prior to their pets' check-in. Any guests showing signs of fleas or ticks upon admittance will be treated at owner's expense.
Pets showing signs of sneezing, coughing, gagging, vomiting, diarrhea or lethargy may not be admitted. These conditions may require a health exam with our veterinarians to be cleared for check-in. Our staff will discuss details with you should these situations occur with your pet prior to check-in.
If at any time while your pet is in our care it becomes evident that he/she is ill, our medical staff will notify you of the situation so that proper steps can be taken in your pet's best interest.
Due to your pet's excitement level, we recommend limiting the amount of your pet's food you provide prior to reservation check-in. Likewise, limit your pet's food and water after arrival at home for the first couple of hours to allow your pet to settle down and get back into their usual routine at home. We'll provide you with more information on this upon check-out.
To ensure our younger guests start out on the right 'paw' with a positive and fun experience, puppies 10-24 weeks of age will have additional personal potty break times and social interaction sessions with our staff members only — complimentary. Kittens will also have personal social interaction sessions with our staff throughout their visit.
Please know even though our boarding guests are supervised by our staff at all times, it is still possible to receive an occasional scratch from another guest due to the social nature of the group potty break activities.
All medications shall be provided by the owner, including diabetic insulin and injection supplies, and be in the original prescription-dispensed bottle/container clearly labeled with the pet's first and last name, the type of medication and detailed dosing instructions. Medications not properly labeled and brought in their original prescription-dispensed bottle/container cannot be accepted.
Our staff members are knowledgeable in pet care and trained by our medical team. In the event of an emergency situation or injury with your pet, our medical staff will contact you. If immediate medical attention for your pet is required, our veterinarians will also engage in requisite attention for your pet to administer medicine or attend to their urgent medical needs serving in their best interest, and will contact you for further instructions. We are conveniently located within two miles of a 24x7 emergency animal hospital — the Wisconsin Veterinary Referral Center's Emergency Veterinary Service—and can also provide transport services to their facility.
How do I make a boarding reservation for my pet?
- Complete a Dog Day Care/Pet Boarding Guest Profile
- Complete a Dog Day Care/Pet Boarding Application Agreement
- Complete a Dog Day Care/Pet Boarding Medical Consent
- Comply with our Pet Boarding Health and Vaccination Requirements
- Call our Client Services Team at (262) 347-0787 to make your reservations
- Mail, fax or drop off your guest profile, application agreement, medical consent and proof of health and vaccination history with our Client Services Team before the day your pet is scheduled for boarding check-in
- You are all set!
Please note: We do require documented proof of health and vaccination history from your pet's veterinarian/veterinary hospital prior to your reservation or appointment check-in.
So that we may provide all our clients & pet guests with the service and care they deserve, our staff cannot contact your pet's veterinarian/veterinary hospital to obtain this information for you.
- Pewaukee Veterinary Service reserves the right to refuse admittance to any pet guest for any reason, at any time, who does not have proof of health history and vaccinations, displays behaviors or signs of potentially contagious or untreated conditions, displays aggressive behaviors or who does not comply with our business's temperament and health policies.
Upon admission or check-in of services your signature on our application agreements acknowledges your awareness and acceptance of our business policies.
All reservations taking place over national holidays require a one (1) night's advance credit card deposit. Failure to cancel any reservation prior to the 48 hour scheduled arrival date will result in loss of this deposit (including a "no-show").
With the exception of our luxury dog suites, pet boarding accommodations are assigned at boarding reservation by our staff, according to the size of the pet:
Small: $30.00 per dog, per day
Medium: $32.00 per dog, per day
Large: $34.00 per dog, per day
Grand: $36.00 per dog, per day
Luxury Suite: $46.00 per dog, per day
Cat Condos: $27.00 per cat, per day
We offer discounts for multiple pet guests from the same household - ask our staff for details!
In addition to accepting cash and personal checks, we offer the following methods of payment for your convenience. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We do accept personal checks although not as a reservation deposit method. Please note—returned personal checks are assessed a $25 fee upon receipt.